TB20 starter kit, PROFINET IO
Modules are delivered as complete assembled units (i.e., as a single assembly) and can be installed immediately.
The 24 V power supply connector, the final bus cover, and the base module are already included in the bus coupler’s delivery.
TB20 ToolBox makes it easy to methodically design TB20 systems. Integrated terminal mapping, system width calculations, and current-carrying capacity monitoring all make it possible to quickly design systems without making any mistakes.
The PROFINET bus coupler is designed to connect a PROFINET bus to TB20 peripheral modules. It can accommodate up to 63 modules of any kind connected in series with the bus coupler. The bus coupler supports hot-swapping for replacing modules during operation.
In addition, it will recognize all connected peripheral modules and assign each module the corresponding inputs/outputs from the process image table.
A functioning TB20 configuration will always require a bus coupler and at least one peripheral module.
- Modules can be replaced during operation (hot-swapping)
- 24 V DC power supply
- Integrated power supply unit for powering peripheral modules (2.5 A)
- Supplies the system’s I/O voltage (24 VDC)
- USB device port for online diagnostics, configuring parameters, setup, and firmware updates with “TB20 ToolBox”
- TB20 ToolBox simulation for commissioning the I/O system without a higher-level controller in order to test the system’s operation (I/O check)
- Concealed “factory reset” switch for restoring the module to its factory settings
- I/O device as per PROFINET IO (IEC 61158-6-10)
- Integrated 2-port switch
- Full-duplex transmission rate of 100 Mbps
- 340 byte I/O data
- Up to 63 peripheral modules
- Conformance Class C
- Media Redundancy Protocol (MRP)
- Automatic addressing / hot-swapping (LLDP, DCP)
- Topology detection
- I&M data
- Diagnostic alarms, process alarms, pull/plug alarms
- Integration using GSDML file
- 7 LEDs, one of them bi-color