PROFIBUS Multi-Mode and Single-Mode Fiber Optic Ring
The ComBricks Fiber Optic Ring module for the combination of multi-mode and single-mode technology (ComBricks FO Ring XM) ensures reliable optical data transmission in PROFIBUS networks. This multifunctional module is specifically designed by PROCENTEC to create optical redundant ring topologies with multi-mode and single-mode fiber optics. It allows long cable distances up to 30 km and a galvanic isolation between devices and segments. The ComBricks FO Ring XM module is especially suitable for applications in heavy EMC environments such as oil & gas, waste and water treatment, cranes, mines and tanks.
The ComBricks FO Ring XM module contains diagnostic LEDs which indicates the detection of a low level on the optics. Just like any other communication module, the channels are connect directly to the ProfiTrace OE core in the Head Station. An advanced email functionality will alert you when faults like low level or broken ring arise. Because busmonitor data is directly available in the web server, it allows technicians to optimal maintain a PROFIBUS installation.
ComBricks FO Ring XM can be placed side by side with repeater modules allowing spur line diagnostics. It can also easily be used as a fully dedicated fiber optic modules mixed with copper segments. The advanced 12 Mbps core of the fiber optic module can be cascaded unlimited with other fiber modules.
This product is UL-listed. Read more about UL-certification.
Fiber optic characteristics
- 2 Fiber channels (multi-mode and single-mode)
- Max. 5 km cable length (channel 1 /multi-mode)
- Max. 30 km cable length (channel 2 / single-mode)
- Ring, point-to-point (direct, hub, split, star)
- 4 ST/BFOC connectors
- Multi-mode cable G62.5 / 125 (OM1) – 1310 nm (channel 1)
- Single-mode cable G9 / 125 (OS1) – 1310 nm (channel 2)
- Ring redundancy (switchable)
- No limit in cascading
- Optical budget – multimode channel: 13dB, single mode channel: 17dB
- Optical loss – multimode channel: 2dB per km, single mode channel: 0,4dB per km
- Low level display
- Event emails
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS protocols
- 9.6 kbps – 12 Mbps (auto detection)
- No address required
- Transmission speed detection: Auto detect (< 10 s detection and 50 s time out)
- 4 Networks selectable with switches
- 10 Modules (positioned in the first 10 slots)
- Power supply: provided through the backplane