Counters are used to detect pulses that are faster than a controller’s cycles, i.e., signals that the controller will be unable to detect properly and that therefore need to be pre-processed.
The counter module detects the edges of 24 V signals as pulses. The pulses are counted and the count is always available up to date for the PLC.
The count function can be enabled through PLC control commands.
The count can be preallocated or reset through the PLC.
PLC control functions
- Enable counter
- Reset count
- Load count
- Change count direction
- 4 counters
- Count depth 32 bit (sign-allocated ± 231)
- Up to 1 kHz counting frequency per counter
- 24 V voltage supply for counter
- 9 bytes of input data (count and status)
- 10 bytes of output data (preset count and control functions)