ComBricks PROFIBUS PA link/coupler module
The transparent PROFIBUS PA link/coupler enables seamless high speed integration to PROFIBUS PA. It powers the attached PA devices and fully emulates them as DP devices on the backplane. Adjusted busparameters are not required and therefore suitable for all DCS and PLC systems, even running on 12 Mbps.
The combined internal ProfiTrace and oscilloscope make this product extremely useful for remote maintenance over Ethernet. Jitter, noise, DC current, DC voltage, bar graph and oscilloscope, it is all there and easy to access. The free CommDTM allows access for asset management tools over Ethernet.
ComBricks is able to carry 9 PA links and a RS 485 or Fiber Optic module. It can also be a customized mix of PA modules with other communication modules. The PA link provides 500 mA current on a customizable bus voltage. The integrated PA termination is automatically activated when the module works as a power coupler. It is switched off in the monitoring mode.
It does not require configuration and operates the same way as regular ComBricks repeaters. In the web server the behavior on the PA side can be set, like retries (default 5) and the watchdog (default 3 seconds). This product can directly replace 3rd party Non-Ex PA couplers/links and can be used as a monitor behind existing 3rd party Non-Ex PA couplers.
This product is UL-listed. Read more about UL-certification.
PROFIBUS DP (on the backplane)
- 9.6 .. 12 Mbps
- Fully transparent
- No adjustments required in Link mode
- Transmission speed detection: 9.6 kbps .. 12 Mbps (including 45.45 kbps)
- 10 .. 27 VDC customizable PA trunk voltage (Non-Ex)
- 500 mA trunk current
- 10 mA current consumption (in all modes)
- 32 (PROFIBUS PA specifications)
- 31.25 kbps PA signal
- 1900 m cable length (depends on trunk current)
- PA termination automatic (ON in coupler mode)
PROFIBUS PA connectors
- 2 Removable PA screw terminals (1-on-1)
- 1 Removable power connector (11 .. 28 VDC)
- < 2.5 mm2 wire diameter (stranded or solid core)
- Oscilloscope images of connected devices
- Last, Min, Max bus signals
- Bar graph of connected devices
- DC current of the trunk and signal jitter
- Email on telegram errors and low bus signals
- Retry and Watchdog settings