The Modbus/TCP bus coupler makes it possible to access data from peripheral modules using the Modbus/TCP protocol, but can accommodate up to 64 modules of any kind connected in series with the bus coupler.
The Modbus/TCP bus coupler features an integrated two-port switch that allows for star and line topology configurations.
A large I/O image table size of 2 kbytes makes it possible to implement comprehensive and complex systems.
The control and status registers can be used to configure and monitor the coupler’s behavior with Modbus/TCP.
TB20 ToolBox can be used to easily configure the system structure and the various module parameters, and transfer the corresponding settings to the coupler.
A functioning TB20 configuration will always require a bus coupler and at least one peripheral module. The bus coupler supports hot-swapping for replacing modules during operation.
- Modules can be replaced during operation (hot-swapping)
- 24 V DC power supply
- Integrated power supply unit for powering peripheral modules (2.5 A)
- Supplies the system’s I/O voltage (24 VDC)
- USB device port for online diagnostics, configuring parameters, setup, and firmware updates with “TB20 ToolBox”
- TB20 ToolBox simulation for commissioning the I/O system without a higher-level controller in order to test the functionality (I/O check)
- Concealed “factory reset” switch for restoring the module to its factory settings• Connection watchdog for connection monitoring
- Simultaneous access to up to 10 stations (TCP connections)
- Integrated two-port switch
- Up to 64 peripheral modules
- 2 x RJ45 connections
- 2048 bytes of input, 2048 bytes of output data
- 126 bytes of parameter data per module
- The coupler’s behavior can be configured using control registers
- The coupler’s status can be read out using status registers
- 7 LEDs, one of them bi-color