The PROFINET bus coupler is designed to connect a PROFINET bus to TB20 peripheral modules. It can accommodate up to 63 modules of any kind connected in series with the bus coupler. The bus coupler supports hot-swapping for replacing modules during operation.
In addition, it will recognize all connected peripheral modules and assign each module the corresponding inputs/outputs from the process image table.
A functioning TB20 configuration will always require a bus coupler and at least one peripheral module.
- Modules can be replaced during operation (hot-swapping)
- 24 V DC power supply
- Integrated power supply unit for powering peripheral modules (2.5 A)
- Supplies the system’s I/O voltage (24 VDC)
- USB device port for online diagnostics, configuring parameters, setup, and firmware updates with “TB20 ToolBox”
- TB20 ToolBox simulation for commissioning the I/O system without a higher-level controller in order to test the system’s operation (I/O check)
- Concealed “factory reset” switch for restoring the module to its factory settings
- I/O device as per PROFINET IO (IEC 61158-6-10)
- Integrated 2-port switch
- Full-duplex transmission rate of 100 Mbps
- 340 byte I/O data
- Up to 63 peripheral modules
- Conformance Class C
- Media Redundancy Protocol (MRP)
- Automatic addressing / hot-swapping (LLDP, DCP)
- Topology detection
- I&M data
- Diagnostic alarms, process alarms, pull/plug alarms
- Integration using GSDML file
- 7 LEDs, one of them bi-color