ProfiHub A5 – with 110V/230V power unit
ProfiHub A5 is a robust network component for PROFIBUS DP installations. It enables long multi-device spur lines and backbone structures with star/tree segments in IP 65 applications.
PROFIBUS DP is a high-speed communication bus that has to comply with strict rules concerning spur lines and star networks. The ProfiHub A5 is a perfect economic solution to create reliable start networks in RS 485 DP networks.
It has the functionality of 5 galvanic isolated transparent repeaters. This allows network structures with extended spur lines that individually can handle a maximum of 31 devices and a length equal to the main bus. The ProfiHub A5 has the same functionality as the ProfiHub B5.
Create reliable, flexible and object oriented DP installations using the ProfiHub A5.
The ProfiHub A5 is essential to obtain better control during maintenance and upgrading of the network.
In order to install the ProfiHub A5 in areas without the need for a separate 24 VDC power supply, this unit is equipped with an integrated 110/230 VAC power supply.
- Ground Rail (ordercode 16011)
- M12 flange connectors factory installed (ordercode 16012)
- 5 Isolated repeater channels (6 segments)
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS DP protocols
- Suitable for PROFIsafe and MPI networks
- 31 devices per channel
- 9.6 Kbps – 12 Mbps
- Max. 1200 m segment length (depends on baudrate)
- Integrated termination facilities
- Configurable grounding system
- Glands or optional M12 connectors (16012)
- IP 65 classification
- 110V/230V Power Unit
- Dynamic spur lines to actuators, flow meters and pH analyzers
- Star, tree and bus structured networks
- Removable drives and motors
- Outdoor applications with device and cable stress
- Roof mounted devices in tank farms
- Dirty and Humid environments
- Barrier for non galvanic isolated equipment
- Hot slave insertion/removal during operation
- Short circuit protection on each channel
- Compact and robust construction
- On-board DB9 female connector for maintenance activities
- Suitable for all DP cables
- Conveniently arranged networks
- Extendable installations
- Cost saving