The CAN 400 module, for use in an S7-400* from Siemens, enables connection of CAN participants with the automation device.
The module can be plugged into either the central frame or the expansion frame.
It supports CAN 2.0A (11 bit) and CAN 2.0B (29 bit) frames with a freely selectable transfer rate from 10 kbps to 1 Mbps.
The module contains the scripts for “Power On”, “Stop -> Run”, “Run -> Stop”, “Power Off”. Using a multi-stage acceptance mask, relevant IDs can be pre-filtered for the automation device.
The CAN 400-2 can be operated as Layer 2, CANopen® master or CANopen® slave.
With the module, 16 freely settable timers up to a resolution of 1 ms are available. Each timer can trigger a freely programmable CAN telegram. This means the synchronous protocols widely available in drive and servo control are also easy to implement using the CAN 400-2.
- Layer 2, 11 bit and 29 bit (CAN 2.0A/B)
- DIP switches for address + transfer rate
- USB interface for parameterization and diagnostics
- Extensive CAN bus diagnostics possibilities
- Can also be used as CANopen master or CANopen slave
- 2 CAN interfaces
Note: item discontinued